The Top Nine Foods For Fitness:
A recent article in Fitness Magazine advises keeping these nine foods in your diet
- Eggs: one egg has the same amount of protein as an ounce of meat.
- Yogurt: one cup of yogurt offers 45% of the daily need for calcium.
- Orange: one orange provides more vitamin C than you need for the entire day and is a good source for folic acid, fiber and potassium.
- Oats: the number 1 source of cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber.
- Kale: has more nutrients in greater amounts than most other vegetables.
- Tomato Sauce: has more health benefits than fresh tomatoes because it is more concentrated. Women who eat a lot of tomato sauce are less likely to develop cervical cancer.
- Salmon: one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which cut heart attack risk and possibly lower blood pressure.
- Cereal: dishes up good doses of colon cancer preventing fiber, B vitamins and iron.
- Beans: one-half cup contains about 7 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber and 10% of the RDA for iron.